Search My Posts!

Friday, August 27, 2010

Shredded.

They are finally finished!
First day wearing the shorts I made : ) I got these Jordache high wasted jean shorts a while ago at Urban Outfitters. Every time I put them on I didn't like how they fit, there was something missing. Finally I realized what they needed, so I got a hold of my dad's utility knife and some sandpaper and I tore into these shorts. Literally. After I shredded them I still wasn't satisfied, so I had some fun with bleach and fabric paint. 
Here's the final product! 
What do you think??!
I got so excited about my shorts I didn't even mention my new blazer!
I got this fine thing at a vintage boutique near my house. I am in love with the color. 
It's a bit big, but it is so comfortable and perfect on these cooler summer days : ) 

Although it is fun to go shopping, sometimes I think it is even more rewarding to customize an item to become exactly what you want. I wore my shredded shorts out for the first time today when I went shopping with my mom and actually got a complement on them! It felt so awesome to be able to say that I shredded them like this. 
Lets call them, "Originals." 
Anyway, it was definitely a productive shopping day and I am so excited about what I bought!  I will definitely be posting my new items soon so stay tuned! Lets just say I went to two MAC stores ; ) Oh! And I had to make a COACH run when I saw what was in the window! I couldn't help myself. 
I finally got my IMovie working again and I'm so excited to use it! 
Hint hint, a future VLOG in the works perhaps?!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So what do you think about the shorts?! 
Have you ever customized your own clothing item? 
I'd love to hear about your creative stories! Comment below! 

<3


Follow TheUrbanFlamingo

11 comments:

Aimee said...

Really like your blazer and what you've done to your shorts! The grey wedges are from Acne.

Kaitlyn McCall said...

Thank you so much!!
I'll be sure you check it out : )
<3
Kaitlyn

Hanna said...

Love this outfit!
My favourite item is your pink blazer.
I've never custumized clothes myself, but my mother will teach me sewing very soon, because I'd love to custumize my own clothes!
Your short is great! Cool you've done it yourself

http://style-in-sight.blogspot.com

Helena from BrooklynBlonde said...

I'm loving this outfit and the shorts! Gorgeous!

xx,
Helena
www.BrooklynBlonde.com

Didine said...

Hi!
Love ur shorts! The color of ur blazer PINK whaou i love that! xxx DIDINE

http://www.leblogdebella.com/

StylisHedForeVer said...

im loving the blazer with the whole outfit hun :)

Marysa said...

hey!

how did you do that with your shorts? I tried shredding jeans once and was unsuccessful haha

-Marysa

Kaitlyn McCall said...

I really appreciate all of your comments girls!
So glad to see you enjoy the shorts and blazer : )

I was thinking about creating a video on how to make the shorts since I have been getting a lot of comments and e-mails asking how I did it.
Let me know if you would like to see a "how to video!"

In the mean time, I'll try to describe the tedious shredding process.
I used a utility knife to 'lightly' slice the fabric in parallel lines. Then I used a combination of sandpaper and my fingernails to pull away the fabric which created the "destroyed" look. I also splashed some bleach and fabric paint on after I was finished. Definitely a very messy and very time consuming project.

Hope you have success!
<3
Kaitlyn

FASHION ICE said...

those shorts r great!come follow me xoxo

Aida said...

Cool shorts - and i LOVE that blazer! Xx

Luísa Lión said...

wow love those shorts!! Looking goood and I love your bag where did u get it from???

PS: Please answer to my blog if you have time cuz I canÄt check any coment I made to read the answer but I already added you at fb since you dont seem to use friendreader :(

xoxo,
Luísa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...