Search My Posts!

Thursday, August 12, 2010

CapeMay

This past week was like walking straight into a story book.
Although I slept for the entire 7 hour drive there, 
I didn't get much sleep our entire vacation.
My family and I decided to take a vacation to the beach Sunday, so we booked 2 rooms at "The Gingerbread House" and left early Monday morning! 
It was our very first time at Cape May, New Jersey, but it was definitely an amazing one. 
The town of Cape May goes back to the eighteen hundreds. The architecture and atmosphere of the town and beach front is like nothing I have ever experienced. 
An adorable little victorian bed and breakfast. The Gingerbread House - Where we stayed
Kind of blurry from the humidity, but I had to take a photo. One of my favorites. No bed and breakfast here, this is still a privately owned residence. I could move here!!! 
I just could not get enough of the houses on the island. Each one was bigger and more beautiful than the next. We stayed about 5 houses from the beach but had the chance to walk around the island and see the mansions that were built over 100 years ago. Cape May houses the first resort ever built in the U.S. and lets just say it is magnificent. We were so lucky to get perfect weather for our entire stay and we met so many amazing people throughout our trip! I ate amazing fresh salads, cooked egg plant, broccoli and tomato pizza, and my favorite, babaganoush!!! I was in heaven but probably shouldn't have put on a bathing suit after the amount of gelato, custard, sprinkled waffle cones and smoothies I ate during our stay HaHa! 
I definitely want to visit again sometime in the future. 

* There's more to come! Stay tuned for some beach and shopping photos!!! *

<3
KMP

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love Cape May!!! My grandparents go to Ocean City for two weeks every year, and we always have to make the trip to Cape May at least once. Danny and I went down to Cape May one of the days we were there, but we kind of got lost...we were in the town of Cape May, but couldn't find the cute shops and Victorian homes...we would get lost, but that's a story for another time! :) Glad you got to experience the beauty of Cape May.

Taylor

Kaitlyn McCall said...

Taylor!
Thanks so much for the comment :]
I absolutely loved it there!!
I'm looking forward to your Cape May adventure stories! :D
<3
Kaitlyn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...